Sunday, March 29, 2015

We are stressed over here



Let's keep this blog real. This week was hard for me. Nothing serious, just one of those blah weeks you are glad to get behind you. This week was filled with too much work, stress, sickness, home-sickness, and a little bit of fun too, luckily. 


Here's my mini-me who's observed me working and wants to imitate me. Also she is getting really good at anticipating when a break is over, or when I'm about to start work. She runs and actually beats me into the room so that I can't shut her out. It is so cute to see her booking it to my room when I tell Brent something like "ok, I better get back to work."
Ava is really loving the days when she goes to the babysitter, which makes it a lot easier for me to send her off in the mornings. She has started galloping around the house, jumping up and down, and yelling "bye!!! play!!" because she is so excited to go. Her babysitter has sent me some really cute pictures this week:




On Friday night we got a babysitter and went to our ward party. It was Texas themed, so we had a bbq dinner and then we had individuals from the ward perform dance numbers. We had a really fun time and love our ward! (We so live in Texas- the centerpieces were cowboy boots. Love it!)


On Saturday evening I went with my neighbor Rita to the women's conference. She is the one that was baptized 3 months ago and I love seeing the gospel from her point of view. She is just so amazed with everything and the occasional "hallelujah" comes out during meetings. The conference was the perfect pick-me-up to the end of the week.

Today Ava was sick so we didn't get to go to nursery. She was so disappointed that she didn't get to play with her friends so I took her to the park by our house- more like she pulled me to the park! I love holding hands with my little girl :)


This is completely random but I find it kind of amusing. One of the girls I visit teach is really into cats. Especially hairless cats. Like really into them. She raises them, takes them to cat shows, etc. Well today when we went, one of her cats had had 6 kittens 1 day ago. Tiny hairless kittens!!!

Ava has decided that our shed is a great stage. And her favorite song to perform is "If You're Happy and You Know It." Today I checked on her in the backyard and she was doing it all by herself up there. Haha I can't wait to get her into dance classes. Here's a little performance to end this post:


2 comments:

  1. oh my heck, the hairless kittens!!! they are totally nasty. but a little cute too just because they are so small.
    cute pictures from the babysitter, plus your first pic. love that. and Hooray!!! is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wait, the boot centerpiece is pretty clever! if you are doing a themed dinner of course. and she is wearing her purse in her mini me pic on the computer! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete