Sunday, February 22, 2015

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's like Christmas around our house... it's oscar season, and today is THE DAY! Brent's jumping up and down in the other room I think ;)

Last Sunday evening we invited two couples from our ward to come to a "Disney move night." We had treats and popcorn and had so much fun! One couple has a girl who Ava is friends with (age 4) and when I opened the door to let them in, Ava started jumping up and down, giggling, and grabbed the girl's hand and they ran off and played. It was so funny.

On Tuesday we went out to Brent's new favorite hamburger place for a post-Valentines date. With a 2-year old accompanying us ;) The hamburgers are HUGE!
I told Ava to say cheese for a picture and she scooted close to Brent and cuddled up for a picture.  

That night we had a new friend over that Brent met at church. He is a major movie guru and so Brent's all excited to have someone to talk shop with. This friend collects cars and brought one of them to show us. This is a Mercury from 1950. Almost everything in the car is original (except for the tires) and it was way cool! Since the picture is dark I put it by one taken in the light so you can see. 
We watched a movie that was nominated for the Oscars (actually I slept) and then we talked and talked. It's nice to be making friends! 

This week I worked a lot (hello busy season) but I did have a chance to take Ava to the park on Friday morning. She had so much fun playing with her little friend from the ward. I took this picture because I thought they looked so cute together. Ava was all "see you mom, I have places to go with my new friend." 
On Saturday I FINALLY got my hair cut. My hair was all gross and long but now I'm kind of missing my long hair. Ah well. It will grow back. A little before and after:

Today for church I put Ava in Laura's dress from when we lived in the Philippines. Ahhh cute! Ava was excited to wear it but not excited to get her picture taken, so they all turned out blurry and this was the best I got. 

Those are the highlights of our week! I worked 35 hours but luckily since I work from home I still feel like I got to see Ava quite a bit. Next week we'll be reporting in on her SECOND birthday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment