Coen participated in Battle of the Books- he and 3 friends were on a team together and they competed against different elementary schools from this side of the island. The competition was at the Aloha ballroom on BYUH campus.
There were a ton of people there! In the live buzzer round, Coen got one right- here's a video. He answers the first question in the video.
A parade passed by our house at 10:20 at night- I think this one was for Kahuku team wining the surfing championship. Part of Laie's charm is the homemade parades that happen for many occasions.
Times like this I'm glad I keep my phone in my pocket so I can film sweet little moments! Look at his worried eyes. And then when Audrey wants more hugs, he's like, "no- that's enough for now."
Kai loves it when we get out his slip n slide! Neighbors usually join in and make it more fun.
Kai and Coen love playing this game where we bounce a ball down the stairs to each other. Coen's Activity Days was decorating cake for the moms. He brought me home a beautiful piece of cake and was so happy I liked it. Yum.
May Day this year was the worldwide theme (on the off years it's only Polynesian countries). The 4th grade represented the UK and kindergarten represented Sweden. They perform in the PCC theater and there's so many seats there, but we still have to get there like 45 mins early to get a seat. Kai was a good sport and liked watching the dancing for the most part. He also ate lots of snacks.Audrey's dances were all ABBA for Sweden. Her choreographer (all parent volunteers) did a really great job and their dances were so cute! Here are clips from two of her numbers.
A little behind the scenes- we had a lot of ABBA playing at our house all month because Audrey loved practicing! Kai loved watching her too.
Audrey adores her teacher, Mrs. Yuen, who is our Bishop's wife.
Kai went through a phase where he really only wanted to sleep on the bottom bunk bed. But then he'd get up whenever he felt like it and be walking around the house! I tried to make him sleep back in his pack n play and he was so angry about it. I also tried sleep training him- it's just hard, he only wants to fall asleep with a bottle! Finally this day after crying for around 45 minutes, I got in his pack n play and he immediately fell asleep exhausted. Kai loves his dad so much and loves going to his office for a visit, or to wander around for a little bit while Brent works. He's getting older now so won't nap in Brent's arms like he used to.
Coen and Audrey also love going to visit Brent at his office. Often after school Brent will let one or both of them come to help it not be as so chaotic at home. The kids are always so much better when separated! One day Coen made this homemade video titled, "The Secret Life of Baby Yoda." It's a silent video. I thought it was so cute and funny!
For Mother's Day I told Brent I love my kids, but I want to go to a beach ALONE. I wanted to go relax at the beach instead of be chasing around kids, cleaning sand off kids, etc. I chose one of my favorites, Kawela Bay, and brought my patriarchal blessing to read while I sat in the beauty of this beach. It was such a nice rejuvenating beach day!
On Sunday, Mother's Day, the women all went to RS while the men helped in the other callings. Brent was in Primary and our neighbor Brother Henderson (who's a music professor on campus) led the kids in making up a song for all of the mothers. They came up with different words that rhyme on the chalkboard, and Brother Henderson started making up a tune on the piano. The kids all came in giggling at the end of RS to perform the song for us, "My Mom is kinda weird. But she doesn't have a beard. That's my mom...." Here's a video of the kids practicing.
Me and my kids on Mother's Day! I still pinch myself that I have four kids. Being a mom is what helps me feel purpose and brings me so much joy. The weird thing about motherhood is that it also makes me feel like I'm on the verge of losing my sanity! I love teaching my kids, reading to them, hugging them, cooking for them, shopping for them, and listening to each of them talk.
I'm also so grateful for my mom and my mother-in-law. The amount of service and love they put in to raising us and still show to us is incredible. Motherhood is amazing! Brent made bacon wrapped chicken for our special dinner.
Moana Street babies! We're missing our other toddler neighbor in this picture named Miranda.
The school had spirit week and I thought these boys looked so cute on college day.
On the way into town as Brent was dropping me off at the airport we stopped at the macadamia nut farm. This spot looked so tropical and lush.
I flew to Utah for work and I stayed with my parents for part of the time and in a hotel for the other part. My parents took me to visit both my sets of grandparents which was so fun. Here we are with my Nana.
All of the partners and managers in my firm stayed at a hotel in downtown SLC. We had trainings during the day and dinners and activities in the evenings. Because of jet lag it felt like I was getting up at 3:30 or 4am, but hey- I had no baby waking me up here!
After my training was over I went back to my parent's house and had a nice weekend with them and also my in-laws. These cute nieces were excited to see me. Mollie asked me, "Jen, do you want to watch me play?" Yes- I would!
I also had fun going through old pictures of Brent at the Cowleys. Check out this oldie but goodie with the mirror!
It was so fun to hang out with my parents and just be their kid for a weekend, without being a mom, if that makes sense. We ate yummy food, went shopping, and talked.
And more Legos. It was May, so Disney Villains month for our Lego themed shelf in the living room.
Brent kept Kai very happy and entertained in the kitchen sink.
The family picked me up from the airport and on the way home we pulled over at the beach in Hauula to see the monk seal and her new baby. I had seen lots of people posting about this. You have to stay quite a few feet away from monk seals here.
I had these notes from Audrey on my desk, "I love to play with you. Love you Mom. From Audrey Cowley."
Monday was Memorial Day and we decided to go to the PCC. Coen was chosen in the Samoa show to go up and drink the coconut with Kap.
We arrived at the the PCC and discovered Coen and Audrey were barefoot. Oh my goodness. We only live 2 minutes away, but the worker let them in.
Coen is such a sweet brother.
We got a redo later that day when the sun came out so Brent and I decided to go to the beach. The other kids were either playing with friends or didn't want to come, so we only took Kai. It was one of my most favorite beach days we've had. We had the beach to ourselves and had fun watching Kai thoroughly enjoy himself. He would throw a kukui nut into the ocean and then wait for the waves to bring it back.
Part of being the youngest sibling is having the older ones dress you up.
The school had spirit week and I thought these boys looked so cute on college day.
Spirit week continued, crazy hair day. Audrey made up her own hair style hehe.
Coen made this about me at school. Three words to describe me he says are "Kind, Good cook, and good reader." On the top left it says, "Thank you for having Kai." Below it says, "Mom is very kind. She is super nice and lets me do a lot of different things. She always cooks dinner and is super good at it. She also is a good reader. She reads all the time by herself and with me."
One funny story about Coen- we were talking to Alexa and asking some questions. Then the conversation moved on and we weren't talking to Alexa anymore. I started getting mad at Coen, probably for talking back about having to do the dishes or something. As I was telling Coen he needs to listen and not argue with me, Alexa interjected, "It sounds like Coen is giving you a hard time there." We both froze and looked at each other and then started laughing.
I flew to Utah for work and I stayed with my parents for part of the time and in a hotel for the other part. My parents took me to visit both my sets of grandparents which was so fun. Here we are with my Nana.
All of the partners and managers in my firm stayed at a hotel in downtown SLC. We had trainings during the day and dinners and activities in the evenings. Because of jet lag it felt like I was getting up at 3:30 or 4am, but hey- I had no baby waking me up here!
At home, Audrey had a field trip to the zoo. My friend sent me cute pictures of Audrey's little group.
For my activity one day I chose the painting lesson. It's nice and relaxing!
Our anniversary fell on one of the days of the conference. Thanks to Brent for being a good sport about me going on the trip and saying, "That's ok! We can celebrate when you get back." After my training was over I went back to my parent's house and had a nice weekend with them and also my in-laws. These cute nieces were excited to see me. Mollie asked me, "Jen, do you want to watch me play?" Yes- I would!
I also had fun going through old pictures of Brent at the Cowleys. Check out this oldie but goodie with the mirror!
It was so fun to hang out with my parents and just be their kid for a weekend, without being a mom, if that makes sense. We ate yummy food, went shopping, and talked.
At home, Brent took the kids to the art show at the elementary school.
They also did a whole lot of Legos.And more Legos. It was May, so Disney Villains month for our Lego themed shelf in the living room.
Brent kept Kai very happy and entertained in the kitchen sink.
The family picked me up from the airport and on the way home we pulled over at the beach in Hauula to see the monk seal and her new baby. I had seen lots of people posting about this. You have to stay quite a few feet away from monk seals here.
I had these notes from Audrey on my desk, "I love to play with you. Love you Mom. From Audrey Cowley."
Monday was Memorial Day and we decided to go to the PCC. Coen was chosen in the Samoa show to go up and drink the coconut with Kap.
We arrived at the the PCC and discovered Coen and Audrey were barefoot. Oh my goodness. We only live 2 minutes away, but the worker let them in.
Coen is such a sweet brother.
The kids saw how tall of a tower they could make with cups in Brent's office. Also notice how long Audrey's hair is!
Kai likes watching Ms. Rachel on Youtube (she's the best!) and he really loves this song in particular that she does. It's called "Hop Little Bunnies." We all get a good laugh out of watching Kai drop to sleep during this song.
Last day of school! I always feel sad and a bit nostalgic at the end of the school year- the kids grow up too fast!
We went swimming at the BYUH pool but it started raining right when we got there! I was too cold to get in but everyone else didn't care.We got a redo later that day when the sun came out so Brent and I decided to go to the beach. The other kids were either playing with friends or didn't want to come, so we only took Kai. It was one of my most favorite beach days we've had. We had the beach to ourselves and had fun watching Kai thoroughly enjoy himself. He would throw a kukui nut into the ocean and then wait for the waves to bring it back.
Part of being the youngest sibling is having the older ones dress you up.
And that concludes May. On to summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment