Saturday, March 7, 2020

January 2020- A bumpy month

January was the month that didn't end for us! It started out rough, and just kept going, but had some good moments each day. On our flight home from Utah, I started getting the chills. 

Ava took this picture on the plane and I thought it actually was really cool!
When we got home from the airport, I went to bed and felt so sick with a flu type thing that lasted like 5 days. Brent unpacked all of our suitcases and took care of the kids as I was trying not to be too dramatic, but feeling like I was on my deathbed :) I got better and then our Christmas break was over and I went back to work, and Brent to school. 

This term Brent has class on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and he has Young Men on Wednesdays, so a lot of the evenings I do dinner and get the kids in bed by myself, which is really exhausting for me after I've been up in the night with Audrey and worked during the day. Coen has been having a hard time with his behavior lately. This night he was crying and throwing his food at dinner. I had to take a picture so I could remember- I can get through hard things! Luckily Ava has started to be my helper, and can actually provide moral support and help with dishes!
 Audrey seemed to get just a little bit of my sickness, luckily she was only sick a couple days.
 Little Audrey is getting harder to work with- she wants to reach her hand around and type on my keyboard with me while I nurse her!
 My sweet girls looking cute together in the morning before church- we have 10:30am this year. It has been really nice for me to sleep in on Sundays!
 Audrey has started giving me kisses. Very wet kisses.
An acquaintance asked me if I'd like to try to acquire some of his firm's 401k clients here in Oregon. I drove to Coos Bay (2 hours away) to meet with a potential client. This sort of thing stresses me out so much. I was nervous to drive that far by myself to a place I've never been, coordinate pumping, and meeting with a potential client. It went pretty well and I have a lot to learn, but I got the client. 
It was a beautiful drive and good weather, so I'm grateful for that!
We went to Karen's apartment to have lunch and play wall ball. The idea came up because Coen said he wanted his prize for earning 10 stickers to be going to Karen's. We thought that was so cute.
Audrey playing wallball, or watching.
My cutie pie who is always happy. What a blessing she is!
Coen, aka Buzz Lightyear at the park.
How a lot of our January looked- studying and working. Brent is studying for his comprehensive exams and I'm working extra for busy season.
We had the missionaries over and fed them a "tamales snack." (We're not supposed to feed them meals anymore since they should be proselyting during that time.So they come share a message in the late evening.)
Hugging and kissing Audrey a lot= great therapy for hard days.
Coen had a lot of tantrums/screaming/hitting episodes.I think he could sense we're stressed and wanted extra attention.
Ava's friend came over for a playdate and they let Coen play with them which was nice.
I thought this was so cute how Coen wrote his name.Red and blue are his favorite colors.
More of Coen-2020. Still working on how to get the old Coen back.
Audrey got big enough for her exersaucer and loved it! We moved it upstairs to my office so she can play in there while I work.
A sweet moment!
I was doing laundry and left Audrey for a few minutes in her chair. I came back to find her like this- still happy!

Being cute at the park- he wanted to wear his bear hat.
Audrey's first time in a swing. She loved it.
When she was 5.5 months we gave her rice cereal for the first time. She liked it!

Sweet little best friends
Playing pictionary- Ava guessed Coen's drawing. It was Mowgli. Haha.
We moved Audrey's pack n play into our walk in closet to see if that would help us all sleep better. She was waking up every 2 -3 hours. I'm not sure why! Moving her maybe helped, but not much. As I write this, she woke up 3 times last night. Dang.
The kids got dressed up and packed backpacks for an adventure one day after school.
Messy room
Ava had no school (but Coen always has school). I created a schedule for her, and one of the things on there was setting up a tea party. She brought Audrey in and played tea party with her. It was so cute!
Then she dressed Audrey in her pajamas. They love each other so much, it makes me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment