Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spring in Texas


The rose bush in our front yard is blooming and Ava is crazy about it! She wants to always pick them and bring them in for me. We've kept some on our kitchen table and she loves that.

She ran to pick some roses after church and I hurried and snapped this picture. She looks so beautiful! 
 We had Rita over for dinner and family night. It's always fun with her.
 Ava was really into Brent's FHE lesson.

Right before Rita came over we all of a sudden had a hail storm and the tornado siren went off. Here's a video:

Some places around us got lots of damage from the hail. We have friends that showed hail the size of kid's hands! We just had hail the size of peas for the most part. And luckily we park our cars in the garage! A few days after this I heard an ad on the radio from a car dealership around us that they were having a huge sale on all of their inventory that was damaged by hail. Oh snap.

On my day off work we went to play at our friend's house, the Merrells. Ava loves the girl her age, Makaylie, and I have a fun time talking to the mom who's about my age and went to BYU. After our play date I decided to splurge and go to Chick Fil-A :) We brought it home and had a "picnic" in our kitchen. It was so fun!
 We were all wearing red, I noticed! We took a few pictures.

 This was what I call a fun "mom day."
 Coen's first time wearing shorts. Cuteness overload.
 On Friday night we had our friends over (the ones we met at the library) for dinner and games. Their boy is only two but talks like a 4 or 5 year old.

On Saturday morning I went to a stake relief society activity with Coen and Brent and Ava went to the gym with Chris. Sadly, no pictures from these activities! We all had fun though. After that we went to the Jungle Book at the theater. Brent liked it more than I did. It was a little old for Ava because she got scared and bored.

That evening we got a babysitter and Brent and I went out to dinner at Outback. Yummy and fun!!!

The story about our babysitter is this: Last year at a ward youth auction we bought a girl's babysitting services. We never called her up because we went to Utah for the summer and then I had a baby and stuff. Our ward has since split and she is now in the other ward. I said we should just forget it. Brent said let's just call and see what she says!

So Brent called and talked to the mom. She was super nice and said of course they would still babysit. I asked if the girl should come here or if we should take the kids to their house. The mom said, "I'd prefer if you came here because I know CPR." OK... deal!

We took the kids there and the whole family played with the kids. As we were leaving, the younger daughter was making Coen laugh his head off. The mom was like, "We've got this in the bag, go have fun!" Ava was brave and played with her new friends without a problem. When we got back, the mom said about Ava, "she is spunky... I like her!"It was a fun night- too fun to take pictures!

Cutest little outfit.
 Looking particularly babyi-sh. Man, I just really, really, really love having a baby (and also being pregnant). If they didn't turn into toddlers and if Brent didn't think we were done with two, I would have like 10 more :)
 Ava with big eyes.
 She requested lots of colors in her hair. She lets me do her hair every day now.
Ava loving on Coen.
 Ava played doctor with me. I was "sick" so she brought me all sorts of stuff to make me feel better including putting a swimming suit on my head, a camera on my head, a blanket, cards, and toys on my chest.

Little chub.
 Elf on the shelf.
 He thought it was funny too.
Ava's babysitter took her to a museum in downtown Dallas and Ava had a fun time!
 Going on a walk to enjoy the nice weather in the evening.

Jimmy Johns had subs for $1 one day and you can bet we went!


Coen's first time sitting in the cart like a bug boy but still looking tiny. We picked out a present for Makaylie's birthday coming up. Ava was really excited to choose things and didn't cry or whine at all that she didn't get it. She seemed to understand!
 Coen learned a new trick to raise his arms for us to pick him up. I caught him looking a little gangster-ish.

 On Friday for playgroup we went to a fun new park that had awesome toys! Ava was so happy.

 They have this fun zipline which Ava loved.
 I held Coen in the wrap the whole time and he was so good.
That evening we went to get smoothies.
 On Saturday we had Makaylie's birthday at Chick Fil-A. Ava was excited for her to open the present we got.

On Sunday I had a busy day! I went visiting teaching in the morning before church. At church I sang with the choir and then taught young women's. After church I had choir practice and a temple recommend interview. 

Before church Brent got a picture of Ava and I with our lush, out of control front yard. 

Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Love the chick fil a picnic. Kids love little thing like that huh?? Ha ha. 10 more babies. You would only end up with 6 times as many kids as Brent wants. You did lots of fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete